4.11.2011

Revealing of my new name

I have made a final decision, after a conversation with Shawny & R, I am no longer going to be known as Michelle. I've tired of it and after our little chat, it was an extra little shove in the right direction towards moving on. Out with the old & in with the new. Change is good.

Nice to meet you, my name is Sze er. 思爾。 It's pronounced "suh er". It's mandarin, and it no, the two characters don't really mean anything together but on its own, 'Sze' means to think, or to long for. 'Er' however is a hard one to translate. It literally means you, or when used it context it could mean 'the way it is' in a sense.
I've given it a lot of thought and it is going to be difficult to become Sze er. But I feel like a name should not throw me in the mass swarm of faceless conformity, I like a strange name that stands out and I'm excited to take my given name.

I've been giving quite a bit of thought to my second tattoo, and just today I've stumbled upon a shop and an artist whose work and style I've fallen in love with. It is called Damask Tattoo, located in Seattle, Washington, just under two and a half hours drive away from home. My potential tattoo artist to be is Christy Brooker. I'm definitely looking forward to another tattoo process! I've got some ideas I'm throwing around...

 Inspirational tattoo images, now that we're on the topic



What a stud




Love the classic pinup style done with lots of detail and leg emphasis. Source




Gil Elvgren classic pin-up artist




Sugar Creative photography, by Melanie Jane



Ornate frames


Ornate gilt frame


Oh and of course, my own while it's fresh. 

Some recent loves:

Adam 'Amada' glasses. www.modaoperandi.com 



Nicolas Kirkwood wedges. www.modaoperandi.com 




Antonio Berardi dress. www.modaoperandi.com 




Bodkin www.style.com



Bodkin www.style.com



Band of Outsiders www.wgsn.com




Comme des Garcons www.style.com




Comme des Garcons www.style.com




Comme des Garcons www.style.com



1 comment:

  1. absolutely love the official name change. so designer.

    ReplyDelete