8.29.2011

moment in time

kiki
I found myself seriously questioning the state of my sanity today when I realized I was yelling at my cat to stop being crazy.
After a nap too long she always goes batshit crazy hyper
Her name is Takoyaki. Japanese for Octopus balls. I call her Kiki, but Eric HATES the name and uses Tako instead. She is nearly 12 weeks old, and has doubled in size since we rescued her from the SPCA at 8 weeks of age.


murder
I walked into the bathroom and to my horror, there was a humassive eight legged creature occupying my sparkling clean bathroom sink. Immediately I screamed for Eric to come & kill the bugger. He was still in bed at 2PM so I had to take matters into my own hands.
I thought the best course of action in this sitcuation was to take my hair dryer, turn it on full blast and blow the spider into the middle of the sink and with a quick flip on the tap, it would wash down the drain and perish.
However, I went a little crazy with the air and wound up blowing the spider up and around and all over the place while I shrieked. Eventually my plan was a success.


sasha
It has been a month and a half since Sasha began residing on my left arm. He is beautiful. Incredible work by Suzanna Fischer at Damask Tattoo.
Here's a bit of history to go with it:
Painted in 1921 by scene and costume designer Leon Bakst, Wolf (with human hands, no less) for Tsiolkovsky's Sleeping Beauty ballet, depicted wearing an elaborate early 1700's coat.





No comments:

Post a Comment