Listening to :
Deer Tick
Indie folk-rock band from Rhode Island. I love their sound. They played a kick-ass live show at the Biltmore recently, songs from old albums, new songs yet to be released, improvs, random songs... It was great!
Crystal Castles
2010 album, which incidently is another self-titled album like the first one. Caused a little confusion in iTunes but it was easily solved. Probably like many others, my first taste of the new album was Celestica. My first reaction was, what?? This is Crystal Castles?? But it's all growing on me...
Little Richard
The Specialty Sessions. Love the extra takes, rehearsals and such. Late 50's songs that shaped rock & roll, I love it :)
It's time to start blogging again! Knowing me, I probably will not be able to keep it going for too long. It's the final stretch to my long dreaded portfolio interviews, the 24th for UFV Fashion Diploma program. I'm not too worried about this one as it's my back-up school, however there's a section where I have to include 5 examples of craft work. I know how to macrame?? That's about it!!! I have no idea what I'm going to do. Oops. And then there's the essay. As long as I start on it, I think I'll be okay. The VCC interview isn't until further notice and the portoflio is open-ended, which I'm quite excited about. Again... I just have to start working on it then I'd be fine!!
Today is day 11 of the 30-day Bikram Challenge. 26 postures, 2 breathing excercises done in a room of approx. 46 degrees for 90 minutes. Heat helps you get deeper into the stretch while protecting your muscles. After 2 months of this yoga I have become a firm believer of its almost miraculous healing abilities. I just mustered up the courage to do the challenge. I think I can do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment