9.19.2011

looking like a young boy

Marc Jacobs said in an interview when asked, where does he find his inspiration for his designs,
"Anything that moves me"
I understand exactly what he means. To be so moved and affected by something that I need to react in a certain way.

Things that move me:

Image: Walking through the busy streets of downtown Vancouver in the early evening, making my way to work. The sudden shift of my attention from hustle of things around me distracting to the preexisting beauty of the City architecture


NOT the scene mentioned above but it did make me stop & provoked thought

Speaking about a passion so deeply felt that I shake with excitement

A sudden realization, any realization, epiphany, and the feeling of a shift that suddenly completes a thought.

People who I find beautiful

Films that leave a lingering impression on my mind for days weeks months years

SCENES that make me stop in my tracks






On another note, as some of you may know I have been employed at one Spanish restaurant tapa-bar La Bodega for six months and I am excited to announce I have graduated from Hostess, to server! This of course means more cash in the pocket and a different job description. Super exciting, I wish I had discovered this BEFORE working in retail for 5 years. Maybe I am in the wrong industry, but I have to say this: retail sucks. In my moment of excitement I kind of  myself over by taking too many shifts: including a 5 night week (sun, tues, thurs, fri, sat) so if you are in the area and feeling some delish sangria, come say hello because chances are I will be around.







NEW YEAR NEW HAIR NEW OLD ME

No comments:

Post a Comment