You may be wondering just where I've been?? To be honest with you I have just been slacking from my blog. The piles of homework and the return to Bikram Yoga (more on this later) has left me with little motivation and what little motivation I had, I tried to put towards homework. It's getting to be that time again, the end of the term crunch. Assignments, projects and exams loom, yet procrastination still takes its toll everytime.
So since the (slightly) disappointing order of the Jeffrey Campbell Pixies, I have been scouting out for potentially better shoes. I came across them today.
![]() |
| Irregular Choice Flashing Lights |
As the final project of fashion Marketing and Promotions class, we are asked to create a brandbook of a chosen established brand. Among the list were RVCA, Comme des Garcons, Acne, Arcteryx, Betsey Johnson, J. Crew, and my group got lucky and were able to choose American Apparel.
There is so much to be said about this company! The controversy! The Provocativeness! The scandals! Recently in Feburary, John J. Luttrell has been appointed executive vice president and cheif financial officer of the company. Mr. Luttrell previously has the aformentioned position at Old Navy. (full press release here) It would seem all the talk of bankruptcy and company internal meltdown is about to take a turn for the better, but no. American Apparel CEO Dov Charney has found himself in the midst of another lawsuit, this time for a quarter billion dollars by twenty year old Irene Morales, who claimed to have been sexually harassed and held against her will as a sex slave by Charney. Another article blamed the downfall of American Apparel, leaving it on the verge of bankruptcy, on not the provocateur of the company, but its lack of understanding of what "American branding is all about".
I find this ironically hilarious as I'm doing a project on the brand of American Apparel.
Bikram yoga: An obsession and obstacle. Since beginning to practice just less than a year ago, I've been visiting the studio on and off, sometimes for weeks at a time working at the mastery of this yoga which frankly, is likely not possible. Summer is just right around the corner, so I guess it is a good time to start!
![]() |
| Thrift bow $2, thrift wool cardigan $7, thrift wool skirt, F21 lace tights, Fluevogs. |
![]() |
| Red needle woven necklace made by Kameko! |




No comments:
Post a Comment