2.25.2011

Cat lady

During illustrations class, Lisa attempted to inspire the class to think outside the box and do something new and never seen before by showing us the work of students at Central Saint Martins and did they ever design outside of the octagon?? If you haven't already seen some of it, check it out... just for the shock element if not for the sake of fashion.

Anyways Lisa took a cardigan sweater and made S put it on her legs, and made instant dropped crotch pants that had interesting lines from the armholes & side seams of the cardigan! Ha! Ingenious! Shawny proceeded to suggest I should do the same but I had already been thinking about all the items in my closet that I could potentially wear in a different way! 

Without further ado, this is an inspired outfit (which happens to be all stripes) and what I imagine I'd look like if I were to become a crazy cat lady in the future (which happens to be very likely)

AA scarf as head rosette, AA cardigan as scarf, Striped T, thrifted cardigan that I don't like the fit of.






To be honest I probably wouldn't wear the entire ensemble together... but if it wasn't negative a million degrees out there I may actually wear the 'pants'.

So the Boyfriend and I started watching old episodes of Weeds the other day, and it's just been getting crazier since the first season!! I don't even know what to do? Housewife of an identical suburban community with a dysfunctional family, who also happens to be a drug dealer... I had no idea that's what the show's like! I am liking it so far, I'm interested in seeing where the next twist will take us?

Some photographic imagery from the other day going downtown:



I've always found the combination of buildings intriguing. Reflects the Downtown east side like, exactly.


The other gallery I stopped by - 30 day artist project. Read about it here


Too bad it was closed


Lovely mountainous view - photo does it no justice. This is why I love Vancouver

2 comments:

  1. Haha I love the pants, and the pictures of downtown and of course the mountains! I love those mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! wear that outfit to school. It looks so Prada

    ReplyDelete