2.12.2011

#NYFW

Friday -
Super duper stoked for this weekend, what a relief now that not one but TWO classes are done and over with for good! Heading to the Biltmore Caberet to see Marcy Playground on Saturday night, a quintessential 90's band that I don't know too much about. Friend is having birthday there, so thought we might as well go see the show before hand. The Biltmore has to be one of my favorite venues for live music, a cozy little lounge-type place where you can get up close and friendly with the performers and dance crazy. Oh, there's also moose heads hanging off the burgundy walls, and velvet upholstery to match. Pretty sweet place. I've seen Deer Tick rock out good a couple of times there, Phosphrescent J. Roddy Walston & the Business, and the Rural Alberta Advantage. For Sunday, as a part of Indie Sunday @ The Heritage Grill down in New West, friends' band The Niche is playing a show. I've seen them once at a pretty grimy bar, the Empress in the downtown east side but they sound good. Really good.

Saturday -
Cozy and in bed, trying to catch up with New York Fashion Week via twitter, WGSN, Womensweardaily, style.com etc. So much to see!! Rag & Bone took a leap and did wonderfully with their futuristic Eskimo look, with shocks of colour (and blocking!!). Now where can I find myself some of those superrad long socks..?
Also The Lake & Stars introduces a lingerie line, filled with hi-rise panties, gorgeous marry widows and other yummies. Looking at the Doo.Ri collection, I am really liking the luxurious use of jersey and the blown out of proportion large scarves. Love this feel of immersing myself into the world of fashion. Inspirations hitting me from every direction!

Photos of an outfit I was quite proud of coming soon. Made the silly mistake of leaving my camera at the Boyfriend's, and I have yet to upload those photos. BOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment