2.26.2011

the shopping bug

Hit up Adrenaline with I for her navel piercing. Must've been one of the hardest things I've ever had to in the shop, resist the urge to get pierced. It was so adorable that I may end up getting one also... Still in a pretty indecisive mode though, have to think this one through!! A piercing is a lot of work to take care of, and having one there would mean anything higher waisted may not be comfortable as previous. What about pantyhose?? What if that gets in the way? But again if I were to get it this would be the time as it would be nice & somewhat healed up by the summer.

Anyways, after that we swung by True Value Vintage on the corner of Granville & Robson, which happens to be having a huge moving sale. The prices are actually reasonable now! All dresses are $29 or under, there are $5 bins, $15 converse, $20 winter coats and all regular priced items are 30% off! I scored a crochet scarf not too unlike a certain Proenza Schouler skirt, a $5 bustier top and a pokadot black/blouse, also for $5. If you have not been, you should scope out the store!!

Last night was a great night at Club 560 located on 560 Seymour St. with Boyfriend, for good friend S's birthday. I think it's the only large club of its kind in Vancouver, with three floors, the main being a large dance floor, a cozy lounge upstairs, and one entire floor of bathroom downstairs. Pretty much each floor is equipped with a dance floor and bar; for those of you who live in cities with fantastic night life this probably sounds lame but it was fascinating to be able to go down a flight of stairs and have a completely different atmosphere with different music!

So I received an invite to the supposedly exclusive "Moda 'Operandi" online pre-order shopping site recently, and I have fallen head over heels in love with several items from the Derek Lam & Proenza Schouler's Fall/Winter '11 collection.
Yes that's right... You order tomorrow's fashion, from yesterday's runway, today. But you get it tomorrow. (when F/W '11 actually rolls around.)
 I am loving this saffron yellow & the colour palette of everything I've been seeing, it really agrees with me!
Along with the Derek Lam & Proenza Schouler trunk show, there's Vera Wang, Thakoon, Prabal Gurung, & Alexander Wang available too... It's a really wonderful site, if you have the cash flow for it all. I'd love to share some invites around if anyone is interested so hit me up!


Derek Lam | Utility jumpsuit $1990



Derek Lam | Halter gown w/ Saffron lambskin bodice $3600



Derek Lam | Blanket stripe wool dress w/ leather trim $1890 | Blanket stripe wool coat w/ leather trim $2590



Proenza Schouler | S/l spiral colour block dress $2100



Proenza Schouler | Zip coat $3450 | Sleeveless spiral top $1350 | Black belt $285



Proenza Schouler | One shoulder dress $13125



Photos credit Moda Operandi



I think I have the shopping bug, and bad. So close to purchasing these fantastic Rag & Bone F/W '10 Ledbury Tweed Pants. Such a good deal, right???
Rag & Bone | Ledbury tweed pants $145 | shopbop.com


As seen here | style.com


No comments:

Post a Comment